Tuesday, July 17, 2007

8 things about me

Jamie from Cowbelly tagged me!!

Here goes...8 things about me. Some revealing, some pedestrian. :)


1) When I was 3 years old, I wanted to be an opera singer. When I was about 10 or 11, I wanted to be a chef. Around 13 or 14, I wanted to be a fashion designer. I sewed my first dress at 20. It was not exactly a success (I'm being generous). In theory, I'd have made a great fashion designer. Logistically... another story, perhaps. ;) Anyway, what I really loved was to draw and paint, and that is what I focused on!!!! :) Yay

(ETA 07/21/07: you know what is SO funny... I completely left art out of the equation here in my original post! So let me add:I drew from from when I could first pick up a crayon, and drew all the time....and I always knew I'd do my artwork, like breathing, it was a given, inextricable from my personality. So that is why "artist" didn't even come into my mind there - - it was always there anyway, it wasjust amended by these other creative interests. :) )

2)A run-down of some pets I've had (not by name, by creature) :
A mouse, a hamster, salamanders, black moor fish, a frog, cats, dogs, salt water dwellers (star fish, puffer fish, anemone) and fresh-water fish (including goldfish).

3) I wear glasses all of the time.

4) Being a full time glasses-wearer, I think of them as an "accessory" by default, and due to this I wear very minimal jewelry most of the time.

5) I don't wear dangly earrings (because: see #4). I only wear studs. I particularly like studs of cute things like bumblebees, fruit, and various shapes.

6) My husband and I love to vacation in Las Vegas and New Orleans. New Orleans was the last place we officially vacationed (it was pre-Katrina). I am uneasy about going back to New Orleans. I adore New Orleans and am still heartbroken over Katrina and the fall-out. When we do go back, it will definitely feel more like a home-coming than merely a visit because we feel very connected to N.O. It's a real catch-22. I desperately want to go back and to support tourism there, but, on the flip-side, getting mugged would be a worry.

8) My husband and I have been to Memphis in May, the big barbecue festival. And BOY was it goooooood!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

I love that you wanted to be an opera singer! I can just see you up there on stage with your diamond studded glasses...holding a pug! xoxo.

Unknown said...

Thanks Abby!!

Hah!! Funny mental picture.