Thursday, November 09, 2006

Keeping you in the loop on me

I just wanted to say "hi" to anyone out there who reads my blog. I don't have much to say at the moment regarding my current portrait progress: Blackie's in the works, Tigger is completed, and a new "try 2" Azucar sketch will be happening soon.

I am still getting caught up on portraits. It's been a long time, I know. For anyone who is interested in commissioning a portrait in the future, I'd like to introduce myself (Hello!) and tell you that I am really appreciative of your interest in my artwork. Really, really appreciative. If you are late to the party and wonder why I am on a long hiatus, it's because I found myself with a pretty large backlog of pet portrait orders (many of which were charitable donations) and the portrait wait-list was growing and growing while I was getting more stressed out by the wait list I already had. With more orders coming in, it got to be a bit overwhelming (I also have a full-time job too.) Add to the mix a few other very important projects which I needed to tackle in a timely manner and, well, I had to put the brakes on just to catch my breath. I am glad I did because the time has allowed me to regain some time to reassess my goals professionally, creatively, and also more specifically with my pet portraiture.

While I will not starting to take new orders anytime in the very near future (as I still have quite a few portraits to do), I do still post regularly to my What's Cookin' pages on my pet portrait web site, as well as here on the blog. I have loved doing pet portraiture very much - it has been an amazing experience and very eye-opening for me thus far - but the break has been really, really good for me and I am glad I decided to take it. It's allowed me to focus guilt-free on some other projects that are near and dear to my heart, and that makes me so happy.

I hope you enjoy your time looking at my portraiture, and if you do, I hope you will check out some of my other work, too (I also have another blog too, where I post a lot of my non-pet portraiture art work if you'd like to see some more of it).

I do look forward to doing more pet portraits in the future and I will sure post here and on my web site when that time comes!

Back to business, now...
Please check back soon on the progress of Blackie's portrait!

xo
kathy

1 comment:

artpaw said...

I'm telling you girl ... that day job thing is totally in the way. Just kidding ... good for you for taking a breath, and gaining some perspective. I know it can be hard for people to understand that while portraits may be your passion, you have to make room for other creative projects too. Enjoy the season.