Sunday, March 26, 2006

Revisions to a sketch

Elvis: first sketch


Elvis: Revision to first sketch

Here is a good example of what happens when revisions are needed to a sketch. In this case, cute little (but very, very fluffy) Elvis's portrait is used as the guinea pig. :) Elvis the kitty cat's portrait is one that I am currently working. (His kitty family is Owen Maxwell and Sullivan, and his doggie cousin is Norbert.)

-In the sketch we see Elvis reclining, surrounded by Catnip and a lovely little Orange tree, and he's being serenaded by two birdies.

-In the revision one of the birdies has been changed to a Cardinal, and blossoms have been added to the Orange tree.

-I also just inked this one in, so I am including what it looks like after inking too.

A note on my pens: Last week I started using a .18 pen for most of my inking. Well, I have been majorly bitten by the detail bug yet again, and yesterday I began adding in use of a .13 pen for fine detail work (in Elvis, the Catnip plant growing up the left side of the border was done mostly in .13 as were the birdies). If someone can please tell me what is wrong with me, please feel free to let me know. :)Elvis: Ink drawing
Elvis: Ink drawing - detail of .13 pen tip work

No comments: