Friday, November 11, 2005

Update...on drawing and life

Ruby's on antibiotics for a UTI and also has a lingering ear infection. We think she is feeling better, which is great! She's more spry and in a better mood! She is such a trooper anyway, even when sick. My Daisy misses sitting in my lap - and I miss it, too!! I can't pick her up, and I'm 'off' sitting, for the time being - it's bad for my back.

Last night I bought this great art table 'station' that allows me to stand up completely straight - no crouching at all - to do my artwork. This is great because I won't do any 'accidental' crouching, which would be horrible for my rehabilitation. I'm lucky I was able to get such a good deal on it. I am lucky that I have two very good 'discount' art stores within 10 minutes of my home!! Matt will set it up this weekend for me and I can get working on my weekend's work. I am very much looking forward to working this weekend at my new station. I look forward to getting better! Working will also help take my mind off the injury as well. And standing is one of my 'approved' positions (the other is lying down). I know it's going to be a long road, but I am going to work as hard as I can to get better.

2 comments:

Gary Freedman said...

hang in there

Debbie said...

Kathy,
Don't work too hard. Everything can wait until you are feeling better. Be good to yourself!